Suspected of instigating to the subversion of the constitutional order, Šiško had been arrested at his home last Thursday after pictures and video surfaced of him commanding a group of masked men, some of them armed, that call themselves the Štajerska Guard.
Slovenka TV's Facebook
Suspected of instigating to subversion of the constitutional order, Šiško had been arrested at his home last Thursday after pictures and video surfaced of him commanding a group of masked men, some of them armed, who call themselves the Štajerska Guard.
He was released from custody on Sunday, after the investigating magistrate decided the prosecution had not presented sufficient evidence to show he would re-offend, the reason why the prosecution requested that he be remanded in custody.
The Maribor District Court said today that the panel had decided there was a "high likelihood" he would re-offend if he was not remanded in custody.
The decision is subject to appeal at the Supreme Court, which must be lodged within 24 hours, by Thursday morning. If the Supreme Court upholds the decision, the defence's final recourse is an appeal on a point of law.
Darko Simonič, the head of the District State Prosecutor's Office in Maribor, interprets the panel's decision as a wholesale endorsement of the prosecution's arguments.
He said the panel confirmed the existence of "all signs of criminal incitement to the violent subversion of the state order" and designated the act as "a danger to society".
No later than on Friday, the prosecution must submit a request for an investigation or a direct indictment. "We've been considering a request for an investigation," Simonič said.
Šiško said yesterday the recent militia parade was "a provocation" meant as "an eye-opener" to show the Slovenian public how the media, politicians, the police, army and the security and intelligence services functioned.