Slovenian Marriages and Divorces in 2019

By , 14 Jun 2020, 19:10 PM Lifestyle
Slovenian Marriages and Divorces in 2019 Photo: Nicole Rath, Pexels

Share this:

There were 6,672 marriages and 2,476 divorces registered in Slovenia in 2019 according to the newest report by the Statistics Office (SURS). The number of marriages fell 8% compared to 2018, while divorces rose 5.5%. There were also 54 same-sex marriages registered in 2019.

Grooms were on average 36.9 years old at the time of marriage and almost three years older than brides were, with the latter on average 34.0 years old in 2019.

Most marriages were made between citizens of the Republic of Slovenia (80.8%).  In 583 of the newly wed couples (8.7% of all marriages), the groom was a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia and the bride a citizen of another country, most often Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 514 marriages (or 7.7% of the total), the bride was a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia and the groom from another country, again most commonly of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 185 marriages (2.8%), both the groom and the bride were foreign citizens.

In 2019, 2,476 couples divorced, or 129 (5.5%) more than in 2018. The average age of the newly divorced men was 46.8 years, and that of divorced women 43.9 years. The marriages of these couples lasted on average 14.3 years until the divorce, although 40 couples divorced in the first year of marriage.

In 1,261 divorces (50.9%) the couples had no dependent minor children, while in the remaining 1,215 (or 49.1%) divorces there were a total of 1,980 dependent minor children who were also part of the divorce procedures.  The majority of these children, 67.9%, were assigned to their mothers, 5.3% of children were assigned to their fathers and 24.3% to both parents.

People who divorced in 2019 were mostly citizens of the Republic of Slovenia (83.5%). In 162 divorces (or 6.5%), the husband was a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia and the wife a citizen of another country. In 211 divorces (or 8.5%), the wife was a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia and the divorced husband from another country. In 35 divorces (or 1.4%), both divorced spouses were foreign nationals.

Screenshot (1017).jpg

 

Screenshot (1019).jpg

 

New Total Croatia Info Site

total-croatia-montenegro.jpg

Editorial

Photo of the Week

Photo galleries and videos

This websie uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.