Twice a year the Public Affairs Section of the United States Embassy in Ljubljana awards grants that typically range from $3,000 to $5,000 (with an upper limit of $10,000) to projects that aim to present and promote the values, culture or history of the US to Slovenian audiences using the language of art, music, dance, literature or other cultural forms. A total of $70,000 is given out each round, and about 20 projects are supported.
The next deadline for applications is August 12 (2019), for projects beginning from October 2019 to April 2020, while the following one is in March 2021 for projects running May to October 2021. You can see details of previous winners in this PDF, for grants given in 2015.
While full details of the programme and how to apply can be found here, before clicking be aware that, to quote the website:
The Embassy has historically been most interested in projects relating to:
- cultural exchanges;
- artistic and cultural performances;
- readings; or
- cultural projects whose aim is to promote and deepen the understanding and appreciation of American culture in Slovenia.
The U.S. Embassy will NOT fund the following types of projects:
- requests by organizations and individuals who are neither Slovenian nor American;
- those relating to partisan political activity;
- humanitarian or charitable activities;
- conferences and individual trips abroad;
- trade activities;
- fund-raising campaigns;
- commercial projects;
- scientific research;
- individuals not affiliated with an organization that can provide long-term sustainability to the project;
- book translations;
- projects aiming only at primary institutional development of the organization; or
- projects that duplicate existing projects.
More details of how to apply can be found here, and don’t worry about the same people or organisations getting the money each time, as priority is given to new applicants